Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Known {Day 19}

I can't believe I've actually made it this far! I didn't think I would give up half way through, but I kinda wanted to. I've made it over the hump, into the second half of my 31 Day blog journey. Yes, I've "cheated" a couple times, turning back the clock on a post to make it fit into the daily schedule. Oh well.
Thank you for reading my scattered scratchings.


What I have to say now has to be written down. I want to remember it.

There comes that moment in a life, maybe you've experienced it, when everything seems to stand still and you see the finiteness of your life staring you in the eye . It happened all of a sudden for me. One moment, I'm just living. The next moment, I'm wondering what am I even doing here? Does any of this even matter? My thoughts turn to becoming a grandma and then a great-grandma and then passing away and becoming forgotten. My thoughts flash to my great-grandparents and how I have only vague and fuzzy memories of them. What about those before them? Who were they? What did they live for?
The weight of nothingness pressed upon me.

But...
But God.
"But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us." {Ephesians 2:4}

He, in one instant, reminded me of eternity.
I am not living for this place. What I do here really does matter later.
I am not home yet.

The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust.
Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone— as though we had never been here.
But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
of those who are faithful to his covenant,
of those who obey his commandments!"
{Psalm 103:13-18}

He knows.
He knows me.
I am known by the I AM.

~ christa jean ~
~~~
Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: