Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Hungry {Day 18}

Come to Me. 
 
{This gal's art is so lovely. She's got skills!}
 
Some times you find a thread in His Word, and when you follow it throughout, it brings you to a beautifully created masterpiece. And the mystery is too great to fully comprehend.
 
The following verses are just that, woven so masterfully together, for our sustenance.
 
"And He humbled you, and allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna, which you knew not, neither did your fathers know; that He might make you know that man does not live by bread only, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord does man live."
{Deuteronomy 8:3}
 
"As the deer pants after the water brooks, so my soul after You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually say to me, 'Where is your God?'"
{Psalm 42:1-3}
 
"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You: my soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is... "
{Psalm 63;1}
 
"Ho! Every one that thirsts, come you to the waters, and he that has no money; come you, buy, and eat; yes, come, buy wine [joy] and milk [nourishment] without money and without price. Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which satisfies not? hearken diligently to Me, and eat that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come Me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David."
{Isaiah 55:1-3}
 
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness; for they shall be filled."
{Matthew 5:6}
 
"... But whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
{John 4:14}
 
"Labor not for the food which perishes, but for that food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give to you; for Him has God the Father sealed... I AM the bread of life: he that comes to Me shall never hunger: and he that believes on Me shall never thirst."
{John 6:27, 35}
 
"If any man thirst, let him come to Me, and drink. He that believes on Me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
{John 7:37-38}
 
"It is done. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to him that is thirsty of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son."
{Revelation 21:6-7}
 
"And the Spirit and the bride say 'Come!' And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."
{Revelation 22:17}
 
I do not take credit for searching these out, my pastor did that. I am only choosing to share them for meditation purposes. I can see that I will be chewing on these for quite a while, letting them go down deep and make me full. Make me whole.
 
The coolest thing? After reading all these scriptures today, even our family devotions coincided...
"I lead you to places in My Word that feed your hungry soul. I give you the Living Water of My Presence. " {Jesus Calling, Oct 18th}
 
Taste and See that He really is GOOD!
 
I leave you with this song. I sing this all. the. time.
 
 
Come to Me.
 
~ christa jean ~
~~~

Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: