Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sooo cool!

The house was quiet last night, with three little heads snuggled down in the covers and I thought, "Now's my chance!", so I jumped into the tub! I spent way too long in there, but loved every minute of it (except for the pruny hands, ugh, major pet peeve!), just soaking my cares away. I decided I was pruny enough and let out the water. Instead of hopping out, I stayed in. The water slowly slipped down the drain and it gave me such a strange feeling, like I was being sucked down with it! I suggest you try it sometime, so weird! As I was lying there half cold, half warm, this came into my thoughts, "washing with the water of the word". Whoa! Where did that come from? Is that a verse? I began to ponder that as I looked at the not-very-clear water (no, it wasn't yellow! ;-D) draining past me.

Like I said in my post last night, I need to employ the Word in my battles, and it seems to me, that most of my battles begin in my mind. Lies believed and dwelt upon. Those lies can become strongholds. But, if I can just replace those lies with the Truth of His Word... oh happy day! His Word can wash all the junk, gunk, garbage, filth, refuse out of me!
I just have to be faithful to wash daily!

And, yes, it is a verse...
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish." ~Ephesians 5:25-27

Isn't that sooo cool?! Thank You, Jesus!

Ahhh, I just love it when thoughts come together and make sense.

~christa jean