Monday, May 19, 2008

These are a few of my favorite words...

"Mommy, Pee Pee!"

Well, at least she's in the tub.

Hey, WAIT! I'm in the tub too.

EWWWW!

Oh well.

Maybe not two of my favorite words.

I reeeeallly liked these words though:

"A life of prayer is a life of power... Grow strong in prayer by praying."
~ Flavia Gaines Leitch ~
I have been determining lately to pray constantly, and boy, is it ever hard to be constant! But, of the little that I have done, I am already feeling a mindset change and I like it. It feels like trust.
Which makes me wonder if I've ever truly known how to trust. I really like it. It brings peace and contentment and joy.
Must do more of it!
"16. Rejoice always,
17. pray without ceasing,
18. in everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
~ 1Thessalonians 5:16-18 ~
If I just did those three things daily, I bet I would be a wonderfully happy person!
~christa jean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good reminder that prayer is also a discipline. And, like exercise, the more you do it, the easier it gets!

I'm glad it was only peepee in the tub;)

Youthful One said...

According to my lovely midwife, "The solution to pollution is dilution."
(In regards to the pee in the tub, of course.)

I agree with you - prayer brings a greater confidence in Him, a resting in Him.

This brings to mind two other favorite scriptures, the first I'm sure you recognize:

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4:6-7)

AND, my all-time favorite:

"For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning* and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence* shall be your strength: and ye would not."
(Isaiah 30:15)


*in NIV these are repentance and trust, respectively

Anonymous said...

Trust. It is indeed such a wonderful thing. These definitions are even more beautiful when I think about trusting GOD.

1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.

2. confident expectation of something; hope.