Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... JoyFILLED {Day 16}



I awoke to these words...

"Tap in to the taproot."

Which begged the question, "What is a taproot?"

Here are some findings:

~ an enlarged, somewhat straight to tapering plant root that grows downward. It forms a center from which other roots sprout laterally.

~ many taproots are modified into storage organs, which is the part of the plant specifically modified for storage of energy (carbohydrates) or water.

~ Storage organs often grow underground, where they are better protected from herbivores.

~ Storage organs often, but not always, act as perennating organs which enable plants to survive adverse conditions (such as cold, excessive heat, lack of light or drought).

~ some taproots (e.g. carrots) grow long to find the deeper water.

Reminds me to the verse at the forefront of Psalms...

"Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law does he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper."
{Psalm 1:1-3}




No wonder I've been so dry! No wonder I've had no energy (need more carbs? haha). No wonder I've been "eaten." Have I been tapping into Him?

Joy is not just an emotion. It is a fruit of the Spirit.

How do I get more Joy? Stay in the Spirit.
Where do I find my strength? It comes from Him.
Where do I hide myself? Under the Shadow of His wings.

I am so very thankful that His mercies are new every morning and that each day brings a "Do Over!"

~ christa jean ~
~~~

Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: