Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Organized {Day 25}

"I feel the Hater spitting vapors on my dreams, but I still believe." {Toby Mac}

The voice of my Accuser often sounds like my own thoughts.
I can tell it's him when there is condemnation, accusation, guilt and shame.

They sound like this:

"If only I were able to follow through... "

"I don't know how to teach my children... "

"If only I were more organized and could plan my days better... "

"I keep making the same mistakes."

"I shouldn't try to stick to a plan because I'll probably just mess it up."

Now, if someone were actually standing in front of me and saying these statements to me (YOU don't know how to teach your children.), I would probably have to disagree. So, why is it that I listen to the accusations in my head when they come to me in first person?

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ... "
{2 Corinthians 10:3-5}
 
Time to capture some rogue thoughts.



I began charting out this daily schedule about four years ago. It comes from the book, "Managers of Their Homes." After much angst and self doubt, I have finally brought it back out. Four years ago, I was pregnant with baby number four. Now there are five kiddos! Needless to say, I have had to re-arrange and re-write it to fit our lives now (and I still don't have the baby on there).

Fear of failure and perfectionism have held me back from planning out my day.
The fearing thoughts have said, "What if I am always hasty and nasty and pushing my kiddos to the tune of 'tick tock'?! And the perfectionism thoughts have said, "What if I don't get it right the first time, and have to keep changing it all. the. time.?"

I have dragged my feet for long enough. This week I decided to try doing just one morning following it as closely as we could.

I am happy to report that... it needs to be changed. Hahaha, just some little tweaks though!
I am also happy to report that... it was a FABULOUS day!!! I wasn't worried about one room being messy, because I knew we would get to the "Quick Pick-Up" time on the schedule. And the most important thing we did? Worshipped together. I made that a priority for us after breakfast.
Good move, Momma! It made it so that the tune of the rest of the day was not to the clock, but to His heartbeat.

I guess I can tell those condemning thoughts where to go.

~ christa jean ~
~~~

Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.

Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

1 comment:

Joyeful said...

I absolutely love this!!! All of it is exactly what I needed to read this day. Thank u dear heart :)