Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Endued {Day 24}

"Momma SAID!" comes the urgent tone from one daughter to another.

Have you heard this before?
The name "Momma" or, "Daddy" for that matter, carries some weight.

If Momma said, well, you'd better do it!

Or what about this one? "If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell Momma."

There is power in the name Momma.

This reminds me of another name that is powerful.
I have full access to this Name above ALL names.

I can say at any time to my enemy, "If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell Jesus!"
And, that hater? He listens and obeys. That's more than I can say for my children sometimes, hahaha.

Now, there are times when the enemy does not listen; maybe he has a "right" to stand his ground, but that would be for another post...

He promised us that we would be endued with power from on high (Luke 24:49). This power from on high was specifically the Holy Spirit.

Endued: to give qualities or abilities to, to endow, to gift, to invest, to empower, to cover, to clothe.

If you think of all the power available to us, through His Spirit, in His name, by His blood, we should have no use of fear.

I am so thankful that I am under His authority... "and His kingdom shall know no end..."

"For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him
the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW,
of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth... "
{Philippians 2:9-10}
 
Perfectionism, you will bow.
Fear, you will bow.
Anger, you will bow.

"Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as prey to their teeth.
Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the fowlers: the snare is broken and we are escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth."
{Psalm 124:6-8}
 
"The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to Him and are safe."
 
 

Oh, and just so ya know...

{Hahaha! Just had to share. Made by Momma}
 
Jesus, He's cool like that.
 
~ christa jean ~
~~~
Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: