Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Seen {Day 27}

Someone once said that...
 
 
{An English Proverb}
 
Out chatting with a friend the other night, I noticed that whenever I would begin to speak, I would avert my eyes, looking all about. I had to consciously tell myself to look at her.
 
Is there something I'm trying to hide?
 
I don't think so... especially when any random person can read my blog and see that I have, uh, issues.
 
What is it then?
 
My thought is this:
Somewhere, in the course of my life, I decided (or more like, believed) that what I have to say isn't that important. Or, that people don't really want to listen to me.
 
No wonder I mumble and stumble over my words sometimes. "For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he."
 
I suppose there is a "seeing" when you look into another's eyes.
You can see pain in the eyes. You can see joy. Angry eyes are the worst.
 
And, when you allow yourself to be looked into, you make yourself vulnerable.
 
Now that I have seen what I have wrongly believed, I do not have to believe it any longer.
Nor need I fear what others may see.
 
Next time I see you, I will look you in the eyes.
 
 
{There you have it! A window into the soul.}
 
 
~ christa jean ~
~~~

Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.

Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!
 

No comments: