Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Strong {Day 23}

Last week, I heard about an awful, horrible, terrible thing. I did not even look up the full account because I didn't want to know any more details than I already did. This is a court case here in our town. Makes me feel ill.
 
A ten year old boy was locked away in a room and barely fed. His parents kept him so hidden, he had two little sisters who didn't even know about him. At age 18, the parents kicked the boy out and told him to find his own way in life. Now that he has come forth from the darkness, his story has come to light.
 
Due to malnutrition, at age 18, he still has his baby teeth.
 
As horrid as this story is, the person telling it shared an interesting insight. We are like that boy, spiritually. Think about it. Hasn't someone been keeping us in the dark, under lock and key? How can we be really soul-satisfied if we ourselves are malnutritioned?
 
Haven't I tried to slake my thirst with dead water? He is the Living Water.
Haven't I tried to fill my hunger with maggot-riddled bread? He is the Bread of Life.
Haven't I been satisfied with day-old "manna?" His Word is Living..
Haven't I slouched after crumbs on the floor? He has a table laden with Goodness.
He beckons me, Come.
 
About this time last year, I wrote these words in my journal...
 
"Thank you, Holy Spirit, for guiding me into all truth. I see that as a "baby" in Christ, one cries out in a crisis moment, asking for immediate help; but cannot be full/satisfied for long, just as a baby. With maturity comes the ability to devour the 'meat' of the Word, gaining revelation and insight into the mysteries of God, while becoming accustomed to the ability to discern between good and evil, especially in the thought-life."
 
He was drawing me nearer then, calling to me to join Him in the feast of His presence.
He is still drawing me.
 
How can I eat the "meat" if I still have my baby teeth?
Thank God, He holds the keys to unlock the prison!
 
 
 


"... Concerning Him, we have much to say, and it is hard to explain,
since you have become dull of hearing.
 
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God,
and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
 
 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness,
for he is an infant.
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil."
 
{Hebrews 5:11-14}
 
~ christa jean ~
~~~
Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: