Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Forgiven (Day 5)

This. This is the foundation of it all.
I. am. forgiven.

Why do I doubt it?
Well, because I have been stuck with some ugly habits for a while. 
Hmm... stuck.
That makes it sound like I have no way out (I have felt that way before, but we are not trusting our feelings, right?!), yet, I know that there is always a way out...

"For he will rescue you from every trap,
and protect you from deadly disease."
{Psalm 91:3}.

There is always a hope...

"...which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."
{Colossians 1:27b}

At times, it has felt like a loooooong climb out of this place of darkness, into His glorious light.

Why have I struggled so?
It comes back to forgiveness.

Some days, I believe it. Others, I don't.

So, maybe the real issue is... Unbelief.

Unbelief is a BIG deal. Unbelief says to Him, "All those things You said to me, about me? Yeah, I don't agree."

Unbelief  and complaint kept God's people in and out of captivity for years and years.
In and out, eh? Sounds familiar.

Unbelief kept Jesus from doing much in his hometown,

"And because of their unbelief,
he couldn’t do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their unbelief."
{Mark 6:5-6}

Unbelief blinds eyes to the truth. The truth that makes free.
The truth, that I am forgiven.

On the days that I actually receive/believe His forgiveness, I win.

There is one more piece to this forgiveness puzzle, and sometimes it is the essential piece that I seek hard after...

But, I'm gonna make you wait til tomorrow to hear about it, haha! I'm so mean.

Enjoy this song while you wait.
Let the words wash you.

 
{"when I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ."}
 
~ christa jean ~
~~~
Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.
Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!


No comments: