Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Days: Learning to Just BE... Selfless {Day 29}

I was so close to choosing the wrong way.

The little voice asked me, "Can you help me take my toe nail polish off?" And, my first response was, "No, you can do it." Then she held up freshly painted finger nails... I still wanted to say, "No, figure it out yourself, I have other things to do." I was so close to just walking away, but I didn't.

Something, or Someone, arrested me. I actually held me tongue! I got down on my knees in front of her and began to scrub the chunky, glittery, nail polish off.

I'd love to tell you that I did it without complaint... I wish I had.
On my knees, grumbling in front of her, I struggled with my s e l f.




Jesus changes everything, though.

My heart attitude turned around, and I was literally doing what Jesus would have done (kind of ;-)) in that moment.
I was confronted with my selfishness, and I mastered it.

Progress, people!
Baby steps.

~ christa jean ~
~~~

Wanna read from the beginning of my 31 Days? Go here to see the whole list.

Wanna see the 1200 other bloggers doing 31 Days? Check this out!

No comments: